Doing your best
13 Oct 2008
Did you watch the Olympics or the Paralympics? All those athletes from all over the world all competing against each other…
Humans are naturally competitive. We all want to be the best at something. We all need goals to aim for.
Sometimes we need to look at our goals and divide them up into short-term and long-term goals.
Think about our athletes - they don’t expect to be Olympians after training for a couple of weeks.
- They had to make short-term goals to improve fitness and performance.
- They had to work hard, train hard and spend time in competitions against others.
- Many athletes started out doing one thing and discovered that they were better at something else.
- Some athletes started with one event and then took on other events as they got stronger, fitter and faster.
- There would have been many times when they were disappointed, but they continued on.
If you want to be really good at something, then you need to work at it. If you can’t be the very best, then go for being the best that you can be!