Will you be safe this summer?
28 Nov 2011
Now that the weather is getting warmer, it is time to think about making our homes safe for the summer.
It is important for everyone, wherever they live, to know what to do in the case of fire.
With all the rain that we had a few weeks ago there has been a big growing spurt from grasses, plants and trees.
Now is the time to have a check around your home to see how safe from fire you are.
- Are your smoke alarms working?
- Do trees and bushes need a trim?
- Have you helped to clear up any dead grasses or rubbish around the house?
- When did you last have a practice fire drill at your house?
- Do you know what to do if there was a fire at your house?
- Who would you ask for help if mum or dad were not there?
Our topics on Safety from fire and Bushfires have lots of ideas that you can check out with your family.
While you are clearing up, get rid of any water which is lying around, before mosquitoes make it their home. Mosquitoes - how to avoid being their dinner has some information on this. You don't want to spend those warm summer nights hiding inside to escape from those biting pests!