Getting ready for the end of last term
12 Dec 2011
It's December and everything seems to speed up as we head towards the summer holidays and Christmas celebrations. In Adelaide the Pageant through the city started the lead up to the 'Festive season'.
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, we can all get caught up in the preparations.
- Maybe you are taking part in end of year events at your school.
- Maybe you are looking forward to parties at your sports club.
- Maybe you are practising for a concert, play or musical performance.
On top of that you will be doing all sorts of things as the school year comes to a close.
Your parents or caregivers will be busy too.
With so much going on it is easy to get a bit stressed at times. So, get things organised so that you know what is happening and when.
- Get school work finished on time.
- Don't leave anything to the last minute.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Make lists of what you have to do.
- If you are making or buying gifts, get started early.
- Help around the house so that everyone gets to relax together.
Our topic on Stress – learning to relax will give you some good ideas on how to get to the end of term without feeling too worn out.